Monday, December 30, 2013

Roasted chicken

Easy simple and delicious GP friendly roasted chicken

* i  wash and pat dry one whole chicken 
* place in a baking dish or roasting pan
* sprinkle a few teaspoons salt on the chicken
* squeeze the juice of one lemon all over * stuff with fresh herbs ( optional) 
*place chopped veggies around the chicken
Traditionally I  use peeled carrots, peeled potatoes or sweet potatoes

Roast @350 for 11/2 hours until liquid runs clean if sliced.i remove the veggies and refridgerated what I won't eat for dinner. let the chicken cool and peel off the skin and discard. Then slice all the meat off, this gives me clean healthy white meat for a few days plus a delicious dinner. Sometimes I use the remainder of the bird for chicken stock.
 I find having cooked meat and cooked root veggies available to me makes eating well during the week so much easier. 
 
Happy Monday 

Enjoy 
- JVW

No comments:

Post a Comment