Sunday, December 15, 2013

Getting back on track

The past week I have been trying to stay positive and more importantly focused on my foods, sizes and nutrients. With the holiday season in full swing all the delicious foods are making it tough for me to stay regimented. Every year I do Christmas cooking baking and decorating with my daughters. The thought of all those batters, fresh baked cookies and toppings make my mouth water. Sadly even the smallest bite makes me have symptoms. 
So I have been trying to make myself some "treats" that are GP friendly. Puddings are an easy go to and I enjoy them. When I need to up my healthy nutrients I make my overnight Chia Pudding. Last nights I added more vanilla and a tad bit maple syrup and it turned out perfectly! Made me feel like I was having a real dessert without any of the negative side effects. 
I wonder how all the other GPers handle the holiday foods and temptations?! I must be honest it has been getting me a tad bit down. 
I purchased Crystal Zaborowski's new bake good cookbook and hoping to start trying some of her recipes out. I will keep you all posted:) 
 
-JVW

No comments:

Post a Comment