Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Chia seed pudding




To find new and healthy dessert options has been my mission the past few days. Chia seed pudding turns out to be an excellent dessert or healthy snack for me. It's creamy, sweet, and just the right amount of filling:)
Plus packed with healthy nutrients and protien. 

1 cup almond or coconut milk (I used low fat coconut milk) 
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tbs vanilla 
1/4 cup chia seeds 
 Stir together in a bowl and refrigerat covered over night.
I devided the pudding the next morning into four serving glasses with lids.

The pudding should stay good for up to 5 days if covered and refrigerated. 
Topping it with fruit purée makes it an even more heavenly treat

** each serving has only roughly 100 calories and is low in fat and fiber 
- enjoy 

This picture is after I started going to town on my first serving 

No comments:

Post a Comment