Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014

I can not believe it is a new year! 2013 was filled with wonderful and tough memories. We had great year with the girls, 9, 4, 2 are great ages. I turned 30 and we celebrated our annivesery with our first solo overnight in Saratoga NY without kids. A great family beach camping trip, making our own maple syrup, getting chickens, having a huge garden, list goes on. In all the fun was also months of stomach pain, vomiting, weight loss, ER visits, tests, more tests and more tests followed by stomach surgery in September. Since then I have been discovering and experimenting with what works and doesn't work for me and my stomach. I have also been trying to gain some  strength  and gain weight back. we are also trying to gain some sort of new normalize for me and my family. I hate them seeing me sick. 
Having had made it through the rough four months and out of surgery has made me feel so incredible blessed. I never felt closer, more trusting, more in love with my husband who has been so incredibly strong and loving and an amazing advocate for me. My girls who rallied, and went above and beyond to be helpful, kind, gentle and caring to me during my recovery. My step mother who dropped everything to be here with us when I got released from the hospital and my dear friend Davin who left her life in Boston for a few days to be here for me and take care and love on and spoil my little ladies. 
Family and friends are really what makes my life go round.
It's ironic how having GP can turn your world upside down and seem like the worst when in reality it not. Especially mine in comparison to others suffering. I pray mine stays manageable through out the years and that with more education, medical advancements and strict diet I can manage without further surgery or devices.
I am planning on doing a lot more reading and self discovery on the diet aspect of this disease. 
The basic food information out there seems bit ridiculous  to me, why isn't gluten eliminated, sugar, chemicals, over processed foods? A lot of the pain medicine that is subscribed has the side effect of slowing an already healthy  stomach imagine what it does to our already slow stomachs?! My stomach has always operated better on less processed foods. So why is white bread and jello packs recommended? I have yet to find an excellent source of recipes and research. I find a lot of Paleo recipes could work if altered slightly. They are a lot cleaner then most GP recipes I have found.
I will try and keep up with blogging recipes I find that seem to work well for me.
I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy, happy and love filled 2014! 

- JVW 

No comments:

Post a Comment