Saturday, December 21, 2013

Yo yoing

Hey everyone, 

Past few days I have been in a constant state of up and down. I have been having good hours, getting some healthy food in, sneaking some naughty things in ( a glass of wine) and trying to stay on track.
Yesterday was mostly an "off" day for me, lots of vomiting, some pain, feeling weak and sore and bummed. Orgain was a life saver and even though not all stayed down some did giving me the mini boost I needed. 
 This past week I started dropping weight again (2-3lbs) which is a huge bummer. So I am just trying to keep my fluid intake up and as many healthy and nutritious things down. This morning my daughters and I made quick GP friendly pancakes, 2 bananas, 2 whole eggs, 5tbs egg white, vanilla extract, 3 tbs almond meal, blended together and cooked in a pan. This recipe made more then enough pancakes for my daughters and myself. I had three small ones, with 2tbs non fat Greek yogurt and 2 tbs unsweetened apple sauce. It was a delicious healthy GP meal. I have been avoiding sweeteners of all kinds lately because they all seem a bit "to heavy" for my digestion. Normally maple syrup, agave and honey in small amounts are well tolerated. 

Mostly what I have been realizing more and more is there is no perfect plan or 100% full proof plan of attack. Some days certain foods work well the next they trigger terrible symptoms. I am just trying to take it slowly and in small amounts and playing each day by ear as to what foods may or may not work.

I am curious as to other GPers Holiday meal plans? I want something delicious and festive but don't want to risk symptoms. 

Be well 
-JVW

No comments:

Post a Comment