Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Banana berry oatmeal smoothie

I have been playing around with filling (but not heavy) easy breakfast options. Overnight oats use to be my favorite go to option. But I don't tolerate them well anymore. 
I know oats are not technically GP friendly but when the serving size is cut down and you watch your fiber intake per day they can be! I use fitness pal app or note pad and paper. 
I found pre cooking my oats 1 cup water to 1/2 cup oats for 6 minutes then making overnight oats makes them a lot easy for me to digest.

I pre stew and strain my fruit in batches as part of my meal prep every week or two and freeze them. 



For this smoothie I used 
1 banana ,110 calories 0 fat, 3G fiber 
11/2 cups low fat coconut milk, 45 calories per cup, 4 g fat per cup, 1g fiber per cup.
1 cup stewed fruit berries. Depends on berries. 
11/2 cups cooked oats, 200 calories, 5g fat, 6 g fiber but it's divided by three servings. 
Blend on high for 1.5 minutes seperate into three containers and refrigerate.
They last for three days so it's worth the prep to have three breakfasts or snacks ready to enjoy!  Each under 150 calories! And oh so satisfying 

Enjoy
- JVW


No comments:

Post a Comment